Be a Girl Talk Mentor!
Do you have a heart to see young girls become confident in who they are? Become a Girl Talk Mentor!
Mentoring is a critical component of Girl Talk, Inc., so it is important that we select excellent mentors—individuals with leadership and mentoring experience, who are serious and passionate about Girl Talk’s mission. Our mentors are the arms and feet of Girl Talk, Inc. and have the most important job of all.
Mentor Eligibility Requirements & Responsibilities:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Possess a clean criminal history
Have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, proof of auto insurance, and a good driving record
Have a heart for teen girls and raising their self-esteem.
Is interested in the goals, objectives and programs of Girl Talk Inc.
Have personal qualities of integrity, transparency, credibility, dedication, commitment, loyalty, and a passion for improving the lives of Girl Talk’s participants.
We expect our mentors to make our girls a #1 Priority.
Community Based Mentor Responsibilities and Breakdowns:
A Community-Based Mentor is responsible for building a relationship with a Girl Talk girl and implementing the standards of Girl Talk through one to one mentoring. A Community-Based Mentor is responsible for spending face time with her girl(s) once a month, and communicating with her at minimum, once a week. We also ask our mentors to help chaperone monthly group activities as their schedules permit.
- Face time with girl(s) once a month
- Communication with girl(s) weekly
- Chaperone an activity monthly (a minimum of 6 out of 10)
Monthly Activities Include:
- Girl Talk Family Night
- Team Building
- Community Service
- College Tours
- Career Tours
Application, Selection and Training Process:
All mentors will go through the following application, selection and training process. Interested persons are given a copy of these policies and procedures to review. If they feel they meet these requirements and would like to be considered for a role as a Girl Talk Mentor, they must:
- Complete the volunteer application, including references and permission for a criminal background check.
- The applicant will then be invited for an interview with Girl Talk Staff. This is a time for Girl Talk to find out more about the candidate and the candidate to find out more about Girl Talk.
- Following a successful interview, Girl Talk will then run the criminal background check and check the references on the application.
- Following the background check, successful candidates will be offered a spot in an upcoming Mentor Training.
The safety and well being of our Girl Talk participants is our number one priority. If at any time during the process, it becomes apparent that the applicant is not a good fit for Girl Talk, or does not meet our eligibility requirements, they will be notified via US mail.
Become a Girl Talk Mentor!
Please begin your application process by completing the form below.