We Work To…
- decrease the number of girls getting pregnant at an early age
- increase the likelihood of:
- educational advancement to the next grade level
- graduation from high school
- enrollment in post-secondary education and/or training
- increase the likelihood of girls becoming career professionals as adults
Reducing the likelihood of Teen Pregnancy
In 2019, the pregnancy rate for Knox Co. was 22%, 41% among black girls, ages 10-19.
- Our current teen pregnancy rate is 0%. No girls involved in 2019-2020 Girl Talk programming became pregnant.
For 2019, the Knox County high school graduation rate was 89.8%.
- For the 2019-2020 School Year, Girl Talk’s high school graduation rate was 100%.
34% of Tennesseans currently have an associates or a college degree.
- Currently, 100% of 2019-2020 graduating class of Girl Talk girls are going on to post-secondary education or training.
“Since Girl Talk has become a part of our lives we have reached so many goals. But one in particular has stood out from the rest, staying abstinent until marriage. Not only was this choice personal for the both of us but we now realize how important it is to wait and to reach out to other young girls about being abstinent.”