Application, Selection and Training Process:
All mentors will go through the following application, selection, and training process:
- Complete the mentor application, including references and permission for a criminal background check.
- The applicant will then be invited for an interview with Girl Talk Staff. This is a time for Girl Talk to find out more about the candidate and the candidate to find out more about Girl Talk.
- Following the interview, Girl Talk will then check the references on the application.
- Successful candidates will be offered a spot in an upcoming mentor training.
- Each mentor must successfully pass a background check before school & site placement.
The safety and well being of our Girl Talk participants is our number one priority. If at any time during the process, it becomes apparent that the applicant is not a good fit for Girl Talk, or does not meet our eligibility requirements, they will be notified.