School-Based Mentor Responsibilities and Breakdowns:
Through 10 weekly after-school sessions, each semester, facilitated by Girl Talk mentors, girls gain confidence, tools for academic achievement and success, and college & career learning. The girls also have the opportunity to tour colleges, universities and other training programs. School-Based mentors are responsible for implementing the 10-week curriculum at one of Knox County’s Schools and chaperoning the college off-site. We are looking for loving, caring adults who are willing to spend time helping to build confidence and self-esteem in our girls, as well facilitating the established curriculum each semester.
1 hour, once a week, after school for 10 weeks each semester. We expect our volunteers to make our girls a HIGH priority, and to:
- Have a heart for girls and a vested interest in raising their self-esteem.
- Be interested in the goals, objectives and programs of Girl Talk Inc.
- Possess integrity, transparency, credibility, dedication, commitment, loyalty, and a passion for improving the lives of our girls.
- Be willing and able to attend volunteer trainings including a yearly weekend mentor retreat.
- Commit to delivering the program as outlined in the volunteer guide.
- Be able to maintain a great relationship with the schools we serve and be a positive and professional representative of Girl Talk.