The SouthEast Bank Education Award was established to afford an outstanding participant of the Girl Talk Life Prep Academy the opportunity to pursue her postsecondary dreams and career goals. The mission of SouthEast Bank includes a strong commitment to promoting and supporting education. The scholarship awards are a reflection of this promise to our local community. Based on the following eligibility requirements and completion of the application process, Girl Talk, Inc.’s leadership will select this year’s recipients.
There are four scholarship tiers for girls to apply. Please read the description for each tier to identify which scholarship you qualify for. Be mindful, you can only apply for one tier. GPA requirements vary based on scholarship award associated with each tier. The deadline to apply is August 15th, 2023.
- Tier 1:
- GPA required: 2.5-2.75
- First place award amount: $1,750
- Answer the following question: If you were afforded an opportunity to provide a message of hope and support to the African American community, what would you say?
- Tier 2:
- GPA required: 2.75-2.99
- First place award amount: $2,000
- Second place award amount: $2,000
- Answer the following question: The lessons we take from obstacles we encounter can be fundamental to later success. Recount a time when you faced a challenge, setback, or failure. How did it affect you, and what did you learn from the experience?
- Tier 3:
- GPA required: 3.0-3.49
- Award amount: $3,000
- Answer the following question: How has your own background influenced the types of problems you want to solve, the people you want to work with, and the impact you hope your work can have?
- *The amount awarded will be given directly to the student’s chosen institution.
- Tier 4:
- GPA required: 3.50-above
- Award amount: $5,000
- Answer the following question: Reflect on a time when you questioned or challenged a world view or belief. What prompted your thinking? What was the outcome?
*The amount awarded will be given directly to the student’s chosen institution.
*Your answer should be written as an essay. You must upload your essay as a word document or pdf.